"...An adventure isn't just exploring the world, it's finding your true self and living your dreams.."

Saturday 11 June 2011

Germany!

And then there was Germany! On our drive to Germany, we drove through the AMAZING Austrian Alpes. I was so tied on the bus but I couldn't sleep because I couldn't stop starring at the beautiful mountains. They are so massive! Probably like 4 times the size of the Dandenong ranges! with white caps on the top. I have made a promise to myself that some time during winter, I going to Switzerland and skiing the Alpes!
We finally arrived at Munich and had a walk around the town. There isn't much in Munich, just lots of people and beer! That night we went to the famous beer hall and had a beautiful traditional German meal- Pork knuckles with a litre of beer! (of course I had a Radler- sprite and beer mixed together) Like every 15 minutes we had to stand up and do a big cheers and clashing of glasses! On the way home, we had a dance party on the bus! It was so much fun! I forgot to tell ya, our contiki had a song, it was 'Hello' by martin solveig so whenever it came one we just went crazy!! We got back to the hostel and partied hard down underneath in the basement! At 3am, Jasmine and I did a maccas run!! So now I can say I did a maccas run in Germany! :) In the morning, I was extremely hungover and on our way to the Rhine Valley, we stoppped at the concentration camps... Saddest most eeriest place I have ever been too.. I went through the museum and they had such graphic pictures and videos of all the dead bodies. I couldn't believe thay actually did this to them.. I also had a look where they gased and cremated all the jews. It was just so inhumane.. On a happier note, I would love to come back here for Oktoberfest! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment